30 January, 2008

Café Lézard


My favourite Montreal café is indeed called Café Lézard. We used to go there around once or twice a week with my honey. We were mainly charmed by this café's ambiance and atmosphere, the comfortable couches and warm interior. But what got us hooked with the place was the selection of delicious cakes and warm drinks and most of all their library. Yes, that little café had free books lined up at the back of couches and not just any books, but very interesting ones and among hundreds of French translations I managed to even find some English editions for my non-Quebecois-self. So I got into reading 'Christine' by one of my favorite authors, Stephen King, and very addicted to their Chai and cake, a trio I never skipped. And all of this was not enough, that place also had small art gallery function with works of different artist being displayed on their walls, you could purchase the ones you liked and the expositions varied on almost weekly basis focusing on one artist at a time. And finally there was the music, the best 'café' music for my taste yet, while reading my King and sipping my Chai and eating yet another delicious cake, while admiring the exposition of another über-cool artist, I could listen to Blonde Redhead, Peter Björn and John and Radiohead and, etc. I miss this place terribly, no equivalent yet found in Estonia, I mis how we walked there hand in hand and sat down, both of us reading our books and relaxing on different ends of the table, nodding heads to music and sharing a cake of the day, not leaving before the closing time and sometimes not even then hehe.
Anyways my reason for writing about this place, now that I am not in Montreal anymore, is this very song that is called Café Lézard, I never heard this song while I was there but I had heard about it, now that I have listened to the song, more than 10 times so far, the memories have come back and I really miss the place and, damn, I have realized that this song is just great too!

3 comments:

  1. Right on Bunny!!! Right on!!! Perfect pitch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grete!! tanan sind sinu blogrolli eest, veetsin terve oo eelmine nadal postsecretit ja yhte vapustavat muusikablogi lugedes et plus encore....:)))))) tervitused lumilumisest MTL-ist

    ReplyDelete
  3. aga palun, palun selle jaoks need lingid seal ongi... tervitused isegi üllatavalt veidi lumisest Eestist!

    ReplyDelete