08 June, 2008

Summer experience... à la Montréal!

Oh hello there you lovely internet perverts, I'm back! I guess this blog has sorted itself out, it's solely for my Montréal experiences, for the lack of any consistency of keeping this alive while I'm living in Estonia. For a while I was confused of how or even if I should continue this blog, as I'd hate to make it personal and it would be awkward to suddenly jump on reviewing movies and music and books. I'm thinking making a separate multiple-user blog for the latter though, one day, maybe, I'm inconstant you see. This blog works just fine just as my 'second-life' blog, by some freak Godly interventions my life has been divided between two countries and two sets of family and friends, it's fortunate really if you think of it and not about the amount of money I have spent on plane tickets.

Anyways, in exactly one month I shall brush the dirt of my homeland off my feet and move my arse back to my lovely Montréal. This time around I'll be a student in Université du Québec à Montréal, studying French with other foreigners from all around the world, like Japan and Brazil and India and USA. Needless to say I'm very excited about it and determined to finally learn to speak French properly. After so many trips to Quebec my language capabilities are still limited with a vast variety of impressive course words and tiny limited list of totally random words from different areas, like I know few colors, one weekday, a couple of numbers and unrelated clothing or food items. My conversations in French are sit-com style, it evokes laughter, sometimes way too much. It would be nice to finally walk the streets and understand what people are talking about around you or to you or at you or behind you. When I came back to Estonia, what I enjoyed the most was understanding people, while in Montréal one can really feel like in a mute bubble. Or better yet my extended family's dinner parties where I would always be the one silent while others are laughing and then when my honey translates me the joke and then I'm the only one laughing, like 10 minutes after everyone, embarrassing, really! Or, or worse yet when the joke is not funny and everyone looks at me like 'ooh, ohh she'll laugh now, she'll laugh any second now..sssh quiet everyone, she'll laugh now...any time...now' and I'm sitting there with a big fake smile and confused eyes that say ' Huh? "Wtf people, really? It was supposed to be funny?!'. I think you get my point now quite well, so French courses, here I come! And I'll get to live together with my honey again, yay! And live in Montréal and see friends and travel around the country and shop and go to gigs and...
Well, I declare this blog open *standing ovations* and be sure to hear more of me from now on.
Next entry preview: list of things to see and do in Montréal. Stay tuned perverts!

No comments:

Post a Comment