29 March, 2009

Picture post! October in Montreal 2008

Here are some pictures of wonderful Montreal Old Town and Jacques-Cartier Pier.
It was a warm October day and the air was slightly getting chilly, but still it was warm enough to feel comfortable walking outside in a slight fall jacket. First my friend and my honey let me admire the streets of Old Town.

For those who do not know 'poutine' (pronounced as the name of the president of Russia) is a popular fast food dish in Canada. It consists of a plate full of french fries that are soaked with some sort of BBQ sauce (each place has their own special mix)and topped with squeaky chunks of cheese. First and the last time I ate poutine I had some crazy reaction to all that fat and I ended up throwing up for a week. I couldn't eat anything and the pain in my stomach was so strong we almost had to call an ambulance. So I have warned the foreigners, try it at your own risk!

Then we stepped in a lovely Maple Café and I had a Maple Cappuccino, it was so insanely sweet that I was sugar high for the whole day. But sure maple syrup goods are freaking delicious nevertheless. You can have everything from candies and jams and syrups to mustards and oils and teas - anything you desire to contain maple syrup is basically available in that place.
After filling up with yummy stuff we moved on to have a nice afternoon walk around the Old Port and admire the scenery, the parks, the people and the city further in the shore. It was serene.





The evening we spent in IMAX on the shore. Watching a 3D documentary about the Grand Canyon. That was all kinds of awesome since I have never been to IMAX and the last time I had seen a 3D movie was way back in Ireland and the memory of it was all kinds of unpleasant since I was all nauseous from the food poisoning and all those moving 3D effects made me use the pop corn back as a puke-catcher hehe. The documentary at IMAX though provided me with much pleasant memories of 3D cinema. And here I leave you with a trailer for the Grand Cayon movie.



No comments:

Post a Comment