07 May, 2009

I know you're barely even listening, now I know you

I'll nourish this blog with some Canadian music. Pilot Speed was formed in Toronto on the last year of the previous century. They used to be named Pilate, but changed their name, though I have no idea why would they do it, Pilate sounds much better, doesn't it?
I discovered them by pure accident couple of years ago when we had gone to see Mute Math at Le National, Montreal. Pilot Speed were the warm up band and I started liking them right away, from the first song on. Their show was spell bounding, yet simple and delicate, there seems to be a lot of love in what they we're doing and that is what I find attractive when it comes to music. We bought their album that night and also changed few words with the bassist, who was selling the merchandise after their show (nice way to save money guys, slave the bassist lol) and he didn't even mind answering few stupid questions. Like, I asked him which album would he recommend us to buy, the one under the name Pilate or the Pilot Speed one, he hesitated for few seconds (probably considering telling me to piss off) and then pointed at the Pilate one and said he likes that one better (nice, dude, it truly was). And so it went, now I'm sharing one of my favourite Pilate/Pilot Speed (yet again, WTF, why? *shrug*) songs with you, my tiny handful of readers:

No comments:

Post a Comment